Need training, coaching, or help leading an agile transformation?
email: mike@cottmeyer.com or call: 404.312.1471

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Come find me at Agile 2009

Okay... I used my nifty little Thoughtworks iPhone app and created a preliminary list of stuff I want to attend at the conference. Like anything else... I plan to inspect and adapt and change direction as I learn more by being there with you guys. For now though... here is what I plan to attend... and these were NOT easy decisions:


Sunday

Getting in town around 4:00... AgilePMI kick-off stuff all night. All behind the scenes stuff

Monday

9:00 -12:00 Helping the team setup the VersionOne booth. I am a pro at this... attendance was not optional

1:00 - 2:30 What's an Agile PM Anyway? This is a session led by the AgilePMI leadership team. I will be facilitating a session so... if you are in town early... come by and let's talk.

4:00 - 5:30 Zen and the Art of Agile Testing by Jim Highsmith. Might be the only time I get to hear Jim speak... certainly don't want to miss him.

5:30 - 7:30 Ice Breaker Reception. Another great opportunity to meet people and do a little networking.

7:30 - ???? Party time... TBA

Tuesday

8:00 - 9:00 Private meeting to talk about my forthcoming book

9:00 - 10:00 I have come to slay agile... not to praise it by Alistair Cockburn. Alistair doing the keynote???? Totally rockin'... can't wait

11:00 - 12:30 Risk and Risk Management, Theory and Practice by Chris Matts. I don't care how many times you have heard Chris speak... it is always entertaining

12:30 - 2:00 VersionOne Booth Babe. Come by and I will personally give you a demo of VersionOne Enterprise... the best Agile PM tool out there!

2:00 - 3:30 What can Agile learn from Complexity by Jurgen Apello. I have been following his blog for quite a while... and even made his Top 200 (number 56 I think)... so I need to meet this guy and hear him speak

4:00 - 5:30 How to Develop Your Leadership Power Daily by Christopher Avery. I have Christopher's Responsibility Redefined Process on my refrigerator... what more can I say.

7:00 - 10:00 PMIAgile kick-off even at the Thoughtworks studios... right across the street. It's where all the cool people are going to be... seriously! This is one you have to register for.

10:00 - ???? More PMIAgile talk with the Leadership Crew

Wednesday

9:00 - 10:00 Recording an Interview with DZone

11:00 - 12:30 I am doing my talk called the Agile PMP: Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks. This is definately the must see talk of the conference ;-) The talk is going to be recorded by InfoQ.

12:30 - 2:00 More VersionOne booth babin'. My demo offer still stands!

2:00 - 3:30 Flirting with your customers by Jenni Dow. Jenni is an awesome presenter... if only I could attend her talk BEFORE I do mine. I am sure I could learn a thing or two.

6:00 - 10:00 The VersionOne Annual Boat Cruise. This is an invite only event.

10:00 - ???? Party time... TBA

Thursday

7:30 - 9:00 Get to be a VersionOne booth babe again... if you come by for your free demo... bring me a cup of coffee.

9:00 - 10:30 Only Dead Agilists Don't Ask Questions by Ole Jepsen. Ole is one of the people I am most anxious to see again at the conference.

11:00 - 12:30 Beyond User Stories by Ellen Gottsediener. I've had a chance to talk to Ellen a few times over the past months... I think she is really cool. Can't wait to learn a few things about user stories here.

12:30 - 2:00 Booth Babe... come get your demo... I should be awake by then!

2:00 - 3:30 User Stories for Agile Requirements by Mike Cohn. I haven't heard Mike speak in years... I am anxious to get another chance.

4:45 - 5:30 Agile by the Numbers by Scott Ambler. Love Scott or hate him... he is interesting... has a lot to say... and DOES NOT pull any punches.

7:30 - 9:00 Agile 2009 Banquet. Good food. Good friends. Good fun.

9:00 - ???? Party time... TBA

Friday

9:00 - 11:00 Tearing down the booth


Subscribe to Leading Agile

No comments:

Post a Comment