Need training, coaching, or help leading an agile transformation?
email: mike@cottmeyer.com or call: 404.312.1471

Monday, July 6, 2009

Dancing at Starbucks

Sunday morning I took off to do a little hiking at Little Mulberry Park. On my way I stopped at Starbucks for my morning coffee.

Lady: Good morning, welcome to Starbucks, what can I get for you today

Me: Good morning, I'll have a Venti Pike's Place with extra creme

Lady: Great, would you like anything else with that, a blueberry scone maybe?

Me: That sounds delicious but I think I am going to pass.

Lady: Okay then, your total is $2.24 you can pull around to pick up your order.

Me: Thanks very much!

This conversation was almost idenitical to every other conversation I have had in a Starbucks drive through. It was like we were reading a script... she knew what she was going to say... I knew what I was going to say.

It was predictable but created the opportunity for both of us to learn something new. For some reason yesterday... I found our little dance oddly reassuring.

Subscribe to Leading Agile

No comments:

Post a Comment